- There are 14 Open Choice Pathways high school college and career-prep options.
- The Pathways program provides early exposure to broaden student’s awareness of wide range of options with industry sectors. The goal is not to lock students into a path, but to open up future opportunities.
- If accepted, student will be a full-time student of the high school where their pathway is located.
- There is no screening process to apply/acceptance into pathway program.
- Regardless of residential boundaries, students have open access to apply to the pathway of their choice.
- District is committed to provide transportation within PUSD residential boundary area.
- Applications are available for incoming 9th graders.
- Applications, both online and paper versions, will be available beginning October 20, 2020. Applications are available in Spanish and English. Hardcopy applications will be available at all middle schools and high schools or can be downloaded from the district website. Completed applications can be returned to the Porterville Unified School District Pathways Office, 600 West Grand Avenue, Porterville, CA 93257, Middle School Office or submitted online.
- Applicants are allowed to apply to their top two pathway choices, listing in order of preference.
- All pathways applications are due by January 15, 2021 at 12:00pm noon. The only requirement is turning application in by the deadline. Pathways enrollment is not first-come, first-serve. If more applications are received than spaces allowed, a random lottery will be held to determine acceptance.
- Applications received after the deadline will automatically be placed on a waiting list.
- Students will be chosen by a random lottery draw if there are more applicants than openings.
- All applications will enter the same lottery with no priority given to when the application is received.
- Priority acceptance is given to siblings of currently enrolled students in pathway of choice.
- Priority of in-district applicants before out-of-district applicants.
- All applicants will receive a letter within two weeks of application deadline stating pathway status update and further instructions.
Still have a question? Please give us a call at the office at 559-793-2437 or reach out to anyone on our staff.