Partnership Academy of Business & Finance (PAB)
Partnership Academy of Business - PAB
Distinguished NAF Academy
California Partnership Academy of Business since 1992
Porterville High School
If you want the freedom of being your own boss, have the dream of building your own company, would like to pursue a career in the business or finance industries, or learn to handle your own personal finances, the PAB Academy of Finance will help you foster your entrepreneurial spirit and empower you on your journey to success. Our courses are designed to be dynamic and challenging to engage students in hands-on, real-world experiences that will prepare you for countless opportunities.
- Campus-based, student-run Tulare County Federal Credit Union
- Student-run Student Store, "Live Oak Cafe"
- College and University visits
- Behind-the-scenes business tours
- PAB Ambassador student organization
- Integrated projects based on real-world business and finance applications
- Internships with industry partners that provide practical job experience
- FDIC endorsed Money Smart Financial Literacy training
- Bite of Reality simulation, which gives students a taste of real-world financial challenges of living on a budget
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) which provides IRS certified training to prepare income tax returns
PAB Program of Study includes College Prep Courses and the following Career Technical Courses:
- Career Choices Get Focused Stay Focused (9th grade, 2 PC units)
- Principles of Finance (9th grade)
- Financial Services & Planning (10th grade)
- Computer Accounting (11th grade)
- Retail Sales (11th, 12th grade)
- Entrepreneurship & Ethics (12th grade)
- Intro to Business & Marketing (12th grade, 6 PC units)
- A-G UC Approved core courses
Pathway Lead: Michele Halopoff - Email
Advisory Board Chair: Dustin Della, Branch President, Suncrest Bank
PAB Office: 559-793-3459
Virtual 360° Business Pathway Tour
Use your mouse to explore the Pathway classrooms.
If the tour box is black, then refresh your internet browser and the tour will show up.
PAB Industry Partners
A Complete List of a Four-Year